Flikr

letter E x Detail of an Inter Airlines (now defunct) Jet 6-13 pour mon Richard letter C letter I letter s e

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool #10

Exploring Mobile Technology and Apps

Two of the free Apps that I thought we might be able to use in Health Fitness were Action Bowling and Touch Hockey. We will probably only have about 4 i-touches so these will be good to use with students that might have to sit out for illness or injury. We try to keep our classes very active but this will be a good tool for the students that need to sit out for a class or two. (Hopefully they don't fake injuries just to play with the i-touches!!!)

I was able to play with an i-touch for a little while during a 3 hour workshop given by SBISD. It was a pretty basic workshop but it gave me some ideas of what we might be able to do. I think it was also a good starting point for me to be able to feel comfortable with the i-touch and explore on my own when we are given our classroom set.

It might be a little difficult to use the i-pads and i-touches in health fitness because we have so many students and so few devices. It will also be a little difficult because we try to keep the kids very active and this is pretty sedentary. I think the more we play around with them and learn from each other, we will be surprised with the many things we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment